Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Week + Kale Salad

This week has been really busy! First of all, Monday was the rose bowl! While it was really sad that we lost, the game was really really fun!

For the rest of the week my good friend from school was visiting me so I was busy showing her all around LA. But we did make a delicious dinner that I am going to share with you!

We made a Kale Salad,


Hanger Steak with Provencal Butter (Ina Garten)


Maple Roasted Butternut Squash (Ina Garten)


Mushroom Risotto (Ina Garten)



It was all delicious! The risotto especially. I've never made risotto before, but this one worked out perfectly so I will definitely be making it more often.

This weekend I will hopefully be cooking more and will have more recipes to share :) It has been so beautiful and warm here - it pretty much feels like summer. I am loving it.



Recipe for Kale Salad
Serves 4

1 large bunch kale
1/2 cup pine nuts
Juice of 3 lemons
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Tear or cut the kale into small pieces, and set aside. For the dressing, combine the lemon juice and olive oil. Toss the dressing with the kale and set aside for about an hour. The acidity of the lemon juice removes the bitterness that kale sometimes has, so it is important to let it sit for a while. When ready to serve, add the cheese and pine nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment