Monday, April 21, 2014

Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Growing up, my mom would make brussels sprouts somewhat regularly as they are one my dads favorite vegetables. I, on the other hand, did not like them. When I read once that they contain a small amount of some compound that is potentially poisonous to humans, I jumped at the chance to use that as an excuse not to eat them. I have since changed my mind aboutbrussels  sprouts and have even more recently discovered many delicious ways to eat them. 

My favorite way right now is to separate the leaves and either fry or bake them until crispy. These brussel sprouts are a result of a combination of different recipes I have read about and tried. The leaves are mixed with walnuts and tossed in a sauce of olive oil, sriracha, honey, and salt. All of this gets turned onto a baking sheet and roasted in a 375 degree oven for 12 minutes. I'm sure they would also be great with a little lemon juice or zest, some dried fruit, or another type of nut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment