Thursday, May 10, 2012

Brasserie V

I have finals next week. So today I woke up thinking that when I finished class I would just go back to my dorm and study all afternoon and evening. This would have been pretty boring, but reasonable since I do have a lot of studying to do. But instead, I got a text from Richard, and had way much more fun.

Richard said he was hungry and wanted to get something to eat, and I am always up for food, so we decided to try a new restaurant that we've discovered called Brasserie V. Most of the restaurants we go to here in Madison are by the capitol, but this one is in the other direction in a cute little neighborhood on a street called Monroe. We walked around afterwards and it is a great area with lots of other tasty-looking restaurants that we want to try.

Brasserie V is a French-Belgium restaurant with delicious food and a large selection of beers. Richard had the Croque Madame, which is a Croque Monsieur with a fried egg on top. It was delicious.

I had Moules Frites and got Truffle Fries instead of regular fries. They were so good! They had a white wine base with garlic, and the bread was super crusty and delicious. 




After we ate, we went to the Trader Joe's that is right across the street. We got some regular groceries, but I also got Speculoos Cookie Butter! I had read about it before but had never tried it. And it is just as good as it sounds. It basically tastes like ginger snap cookies, but in butter or spreadable form. I am going to try it on everything, but so far I've just been eating it out of the jar... with my fingers... and I don't even feel guilty about it, its that good.


Richard also got me these flowers for my room. They are bright and springy, and smell wonderful.



I guess now I have to actually study, but at least I have my cookie butter to keep me company. 


No comments:

Post a Comment