Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Vegetable Roast

Now that Thanksgiving is over, it is officially okay to start thinking about winter, and Christmas! And Hanukkah too! 
I can't wait for there to be snow. It has flurried a bit here in Madison but nothing substantial enough to stick to the ground. Even though there isn't snow, and it actually isn't that cold, I'm pretending like it is. I love wearing all my coats, hats, scarves, and boots, listening to Christmas music all the time, lighting my roland pine candles, and snuggling under blankets to read or watch movies.

Like everyone, after Thanksgiving I wanted something healthy and full of vegetables. For my birthday this summer I got the cookbook Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi. It has beautiful pictures and delicious recipes, and is definitely vegetable filled.
I made this recipe from it. It has roasted sweet potato, parsnips, garlic, onions, cherry tomatoes, herbs, and a lemon caper dressing. Yum.






No comments:

Post a Comment