Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lentils with Onions and Mushrooms

My pantry here is very small, and it is hard to keep it organized. A lot of stuff is piled on top of other things, so I often forget what I have and don't have. Today I remembered that I have lentils.
This lentil dish is super easy and satisfying. Depending on the type of lentils you have (I used sprouted which cook up really fast) it can be made in about 10-30 minutes. Enjoy!


Lentils with Onions and Mushrooms
Serves 2

1 cup lentils
1/2 diced onion
8 oz rough chopped mushrooms
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/3 cup chopped parsley
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Cook lentils according to package. Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and sauté the onions until translucent. Add the mushrooms, and cook until tender. Combine the vegetables with the lentils, and add the lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crusty bread, if you wish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment