Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pasta with Spinach and Truffle Butter

I love truffles. Truffle sat, truffle oil, truffle butter - I love it all, and on everything.
Recently my mom made an Ina recipe where you rub truffle butter underneath the skin of a chicken and then roast it. It was delicious, and so easy. I decided right then that I had to get some truffle butter to have for myself.
When deciding what to do with it, I had a little trouble. There are so many options, you can pretty much use it on anything. So I decided to pair it with one of my other favorite things. Pasta.
The truffle butter is the star of this dish, and the pasta just works to give it a nice background. I added some spinach for fun and topped it with a fried egg. The messy yolk mixed perfectly with the truffle butter and made the whole dish creamy and delicious.




Pasta with Spinach and Truffle Butter
Serves 2

1/2 package whole wheat linguine
3 oz truffle butter
1 T butter
2 eggs
8 oz spinach
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil

Saute spinach in regular butter until wilted. Set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 T of the water. Add pasta back to pot along with spinach and truffle butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes. Add the eggs, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and turn heat to medium-low, and cook until the white is set but the yolk is still runny.
Add the egg to the pasta. Break the yolk, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment