Monday, March 18, 2013

Egg Scramble

Eating a delicious breakfast is the perfect way to start the day. I especially crave breakfasts like these on weekends. On Sunday morning I decided to make one of my favorite breakfasts, inspired by a combination of all of my favorite restaurants. 
I made an easy egg scramble with zucchini, garlic, tomatoes, and goat cheese, accompanied by a side salad and toast. Even though I had a book to read and a paper to write which I worked on, I didn't mind after this wonderful meal.


Egg Scramble with Zucchini and Goat Cheese
Serves 1

2 eggs, beaten
1 small zucchini, diced
1 oz goat cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tomato, seeds removed and diced
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Heat oil in a sauté pan. Add zucchini and cook until tender and slightly browned. Add garlic and cook for just a few minutes (do not let the garlic brown). Add the tomato, then pour the eggs into the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and cook stirring occasionally until eggs are cooked bit still soft. Fold in the goat cheese. Serve with toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment