Friday, April 5, 2013

Burger Dinner Party

One of the things I love the most about California and being home is that the farmers market is always amazing, even though it doesn't really start here in Madison for another few weeks. I went to the farmers market twice in my one week at home, and found amazing spring produce. With such great food and inspiration, and with the realization that I had not yet had a dinner party, my family decided to invite my best friend Molly and her family over for dinner. Anxious to use the grill, we made burgers and Ina's lemon chicken, as well as a handful of salad-y sides. And for dessert, Ina's strawberry shortcakes! Homemade whipped cream is the best. 

Alice Waters' Braised Baby Artichokes

Alice Water's Coleslaw (more like cabbage salad - no mayonnaise)


Lettuce Salad with Soft Herbs and Avocado

Ina Garten's Fresh Corn Salad


Strawberry Shortcake!


No comments:

Post a Comment