Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Trees and Windy Ridge

I'm finally all done with finals and officially on winter break! I am so happy :)
I had a pretty long travel day because I have to take two planes to get to anywhere that I want to go from Madison, but everything went smoothly so I'm not complaining. My mom picked me up from the airport and we drove the beautiful drive up to Park City, Utah!
This evening we all went to pick out our christmas tree. It is one of my favorite traditions especially because we go to the best place in the world.

At the very front they have a huge tree, 


Then they have a really cute stand with free apple cider!!!




And this year they also had free eclairs!



Lots and lots of trees :)


A fire to keep warm


And an adorable gift shop with tons of ornaments and gifts.


After we all picked out the tree (well, after my mom, dad and I picked out the tree and my brother and our friends got tired of chasing each other around and throwing snowballs at each other...) we went to one of my favorite restaurants Windy Ridge!

I had the mushroom soup, which I almost always get at least once while I'm here. It is a little creamy but really light and really mushroom-y,


And almond crusted trout with seasonal vegetables, which was also delicious!



So far I am loving being back with my family and my dogs, and being able to really get in the christmas spirit :)


What are some of your favorite holiday traditions?


No comments:

Post a Comment