Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dinner and Snow!

Today I took two of my finals and finished my paper - so I only have one more left! It feels great to be almost done. And only 2 days until I get to go to Utah where my family spends every winter break! 
Last night, after studying all day, I really wanted something pretty good for dinner, so Richard and I decided to try to cook dinner. We bought preprepared chicken breasts from the grocery store and a tasty loaf of bread. So I guess the only thing we really cooked ourselves was roasted asparagus and tomatoes. They were simple (we are very limited with resources) but really good!










Also, I woke up this morning to see that it had snowed last night! Finally!!! It wasn't very much, an inch or less, but it was enough for everything to be white so I was very happy even though I had to wake up at 6:30 and walk to my final almost in the dark!


Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes

Serves: 2

1 Bunch Asparagus
1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the asparagus and tomatoes on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Toss the vegetables until they are lightly coated, then season liberally with salt and pepper (and parmesan cheese if you like!). Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment